How does Chiropractic help you heal?
Chiropractic works because every part of your body, right down to your smallest part of you (the cell) is self-healing and self-regulating organism controlled by your nervous system. Millions of instructions directed from your brain, flow through your spinal cord and nerves to communicate to all parts of your body. Signals are also sent back to your brain to indicate what the body is doing and what is happening outside of it. Misalignments of vertebrae can interfere with the normal transmission of the nerve signals thus distorting the vital exchange of information. Improper nerve activity, either too much or too little, ruins tissue and internal organ function.
What is a Subluxation?
A subluxation occurs when one or more of the spinal vertebrae move out of position due to injury, stress or chemical imbalances. This can put pressure on the spinal nerves, causing them irritation, and resulting in pain. A chiropractor can locate these subluxations and gently realign your spinal vertebrae to remove the pressure on your spinal nerves. This allows the nervous system to begin to regain proper function. (Sub=lack of, Lux=light)
The is the Subluxation includes the following:
– Your vertebrae are jammed and either less mobile than they should be or, conversely, too mobile (“noisy joints”). You are unable to comfortably turn, bend or twist your neck, hips or back in every direction.
– Your nerves are impinged and you may or may not feel pain, tingling, numbness and/or pins-and needles. The impulses traveling through your nerves are altered and important chemicals that flow over your nerves may be blocked.
– Your muscles are chronically tight, in spasm, weak, overly sensitive and/or sore.
– You have swelling, tenderness, “trigger points,” painful spots and other soft tissue changes. Ligaments, cartilage, discs, tendons and internal organs may be affected.
– Your muscles, joints, ligaments and organs show signs of wear and tear and premature aging, fatigue, less resistance to disease and lack of physical and mental vitality.
Does the adjustment hurt?
The adjustment is very gentle, due to the specific x-ray measurements, no torquing or twisting, and a use of a small drop.
Does Monarch chiropractic accept insurance?
We accept insurance including medicare, we are a non-preferred provider. We verify your insurance and we are able to work with your benefits that are your out-of-network level coverage.
What can I expect after my first adjustment?
Everyone has a different experience after their first adjustment. The most common response is to feel some relief at the top of the neck and slight decrease in symptoms. There are some who have a more dramatic reaction and all symptoms are relieved. Then there are a few that may feel a little sore at first from new muscles working and the nervous system waking up. The soreness is a normal and healthy response, just like a after a work out.
We recommend drinking plenty of water, allowing your body to rest and relax after your adjustment, and most importantly don't feel around the newly adjusted area. We like to check everyone more frequently in the initial stage of care to make sure you are holding your adjustment.
I’m pregnant, is it okay to see a Chiropractor?
It is highly recommended to see us for chiropractic care during pregnancy. Some benefits of receiving chiropractic care during pregnancy are: Controlling symptoms of nausea, making a healthier pregnancy, reducing time of labor and delivery, reducing back, neck and joint pain, prevent a potential cesarean delivery.
Does the Doctor adjust other areas of the spine as well?
Our primary focus is the upper cervical, since majority of problems start in that area. By correcting the upper cervical we can address most health conditions, but as your body corrects itself and moves through the healing process other parts of the spine may need attention. Dr. Egan is trained with the Palmer package, which are full body techniques and she also addresses more psychological stressors as well.